Sunday 3 April 2011

Evaluation: Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

When doing my preliminary I found the filming easy as I didn't really use many different shots to show the conversation other than the over the shoulder shots which I have used. When I Edited the preliminary I didn't really try to change what I had filmed as I filmed the main part of the preliminary and I didn't really split the clip. from doing the preliminary I was able to improve alot on the whole idea what I thought would be good to use to show how much the editing of the piece has gone on from the preliminary.

Before doing the final piece I storyboarded as I did with the preliminary, but when I did this I found that the best way would be to look at shots on there own to then fit them together I found I would be more adventurous in what type of shot I would use like the close ups and the POV's which I have included in the Chase sequence. when looking through my preliminary  compared to the opening I have produced I feel that I have definately improved in the way I have framed the shots but I have also improved on the way I have included the transitions to more effect than expected compared to the preliminary. When I done the preliminary I only had three clips and I found that I learnt from that because when I filmed my opening I found that I needed to film a sequence more than once this would allow me to have shots and footage to choose from this allowed me to have a larger amount of choice around the making of the piece. I found that I wanted to use techniques to link the footage together in very different ways like the Graphic match with the eye when i originally thought about this technique being used I looked at way I could use it in a way would allow the piece to flow well.   

No comments:

Post a Comment