Sunday 3 April 2011

Evaluation: How did you attract/address your audience?

When I was looking to attract the audience I thought that the best way would be to use the narrative codes these would involve the audience with action codes not only to slowly bring them into the plot line and to give them an idea of who the characters were some examples of this were the drugs and the Police badge these show that the main character is a police man and that the other character is a drug lord because he his handling the drugs. I also used some of the shots of the main character to show how lonely he was and this would allow the audience how vulnerable he is when he gets the phone call from the drug lord. I also used enigma code like 'why are they running?' and 'why is he asleep at his desk?' I mainly used this to grip the audience to wondering why he is alone and that he is a workaholic that is why I have place him at his desk this allowed audiences which are older to understand that he maybe overworking himself.

I also used the music and the editing in the chase sequence because I wanted to bring the audience into the pacey and speed of the chase and by using an upbeat piece of music this allowed the audience to gripped and they then may want to understand what the characters are doing it for. The idea of using music in the piece to address the audience also is with my choice of using the music with the main character where he is getting ready because I wanted to have a piece of music which would show how lonely he is and how he doesn't have any people to help him as he is so much of a workaholic.

I posted my video on you tube and then sent the link out via facebook to get initial feedback from friends here are some of the comments



This allowed me to understand that the opening is liked and some of the things which attracted the audience were the use of the music in the background, the camera shots which I have used and they have said about the editing I have used. 

I also asked people with a small questionnaire to the target audience and this is what I found from this:
Do you like the opening of the film?
Yes5100%
No00%
Other00%
Do you have any comments on the opening to my film?
The filming was good and the editing was well thought outVery good, although the soundtrack is better suited to an emotionally sad film.I like the editing and the filming. The whole of the opening is very good because of the way you have used the storyline without revealing the plot line but giving some of the clues which would happen later in the film. and the music was very well picked. The actor playing mike denzey should be changed as his actions don't fit the feel of the film, and the camaera should be on a tripod as the camera shakes while zooming in on mike's faceCamera angles were ex...
Is there anything which could be improved in the opening of the film?
Perhaps used some music that's more intense music when the characters about to receive the call.see abovelighting, clearer storyline
Who do you think the audience is for the film?
i would say perhaps teenagers and adultsTeenagersTeens and young adults such as 15- 25 year olds teenagesYoung adults

These comments allow me to understand why people may want to watch the film and they have confirmed that I am targeting the right audience with my film opening and also some small things which I could do to improve the opening this shows that people have seen my opening and have been attracted by what I wanted     

No comments:

Post a Comment